Program 9:30am – a general safety talk and orientation regarding the site.
9:45am – division of tasks.
11:00am – morning tea (approx 15 minutes) 1:00pm – light lunch (provided)
Scope of works
- Demolish existing lean-to shed. Frees up the best location to establish a large and productive permaculture garden. Timber & iron sheeting reused to build 2 bay compost system and, a coop and run for up to 4 chickens.
- Remove Morning Glory Vine and Wisteria from front & side fences. Expose 3 overwhelmed fruit trees & allow room for planting pollinator shrubs.
- Construct a 2 Bay Compost System. Provide bulk low cost mulching material & nutrients for the planned garden.
- Build a Coop & run for up-to 4 hens. The cooks will provide a great source of nitrogen for composting/compost tea, eggs & companionship.
- Prune existing orange tree & hard prune ornamental trees along front fence. Extend direct morning sunlight into the area.
- Relocate nectarine tree & plant additional fruit trees in front yard. Nectarine is too close to fence & the additional trees will form a productive mini-orchard as the location has very good sunlight & a consistent underground moisture source.
- Paint low boundary fence. Neighbours have painted their side. Sure to improve aesthetics and win points for Ellen!
Dress comfortably, according to weather requirements: closed shoes, hat, gloves and
sunscreen. Wear eye protection if you are using power tools. Bring Water bottles!
A little something for a shared morning tea!
BIG LUNCH PROVIDED!
RSVP Please let Dom know you are attending:
Wear: Dress comfortably, according to weather requirements: closed shoes, hat, gloves and sunscreen. Wear eye protection if you are using power tools. Water bottles!
For insurance purposes, you need to be a member of Permaculture Sydney West (PSW). You can join PSW on the day.
Remember, if you have helped on at least three Permablitz’s or are actively involved in some other aspect of PSW you are eligible for a Permablitz at your place.
Help us improve the world, one garden at a time!