Date(s) - 25/11/2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Janet’s Place – Chester Hill
Program 9:30am ‐ a general safety talk & orientation regarding the site.
- Build double compost bay
- Dig out 2 stumps in front yard
- Remove old garden bed and build hugelkultur in prep for 4 new raised beds. Woodchip new bed surrounds.
- Remove dying almond tree.
Time permitting, we will also attempt the following:
- Fill sunken area behind the letter box with soil
- Build rock garden edging in front yard.
- Prune pittosporum, crepe myrtle and bottle brushes.
- Clear and mulch nectarine tree.
- Remove the wooden roof of chook house and insert hinges.
- Weed front garden bed.
Wear: Dress comfortably, according to the weather: closed shoes, hat, gloves and sunscreen.
Bring: Tools: Chainsaw, Mulcher, Drill, Wood saw, Claw hammer, newspapers/cardboard.
And… A little something for a shared morning tea!
- There is limited street parking. Please drop off tools and then park around the corner in Brown Street. Also consider carpooling if possible.
- Please bring newspapers and cardboard for sheet mulching
RSVP Jo for catering purposes and address
For insurance purposes, you need to be a member of Permaculture Sydney West (PSW).
You can join PSW on the day.
If you have helped on at least three PermaBlitzes, or are actively involved in some other aspect of PSW you are eligible
for a PermaBlitz at your place.