Grow Our Own Food (GOOF)
About this event
GOOF (Grow Our Own Food) series of workshops teaches you how to apply Permaculture Ethics and Principles to balconies, backyards, community gardens and schools.
You will Learn how to design, set up and run your own sustainable gardens in alignment with nature’s laws and systems. The GOOF series is generously sponsored by the City of Parramatta. We appreciate their support.
There are Five Topics in this series with 2 x one-hour sessions per week.
Session 1 is on each Monday 7 pm to 8 pm.
Session 2 is on each Wednesday 7 pm to 8 pm.
All 5 topics refer to and build on each other. Your fee covers all 10 sessions and includes:
10 hours of interactive lecture/discussion; PDF copy of the slide deck; references and resource list; activities for you to try out between each session and a url of the recorded session.
The GOOF series is presented by knowledgeable and experienced permaculture teachers who live the ethics and principles of Permaculture in their own homes and communities. The 5 topics are:
1. Introduction to Permaculture Ethics, Principles application.
2. Soils Make and Re-generate healthy, fertile soil. Grow Beds.
3. Plants Select, Sow, Grow, Harvest & Store your food.
4. Seeds Collect, Clean, Store & Sow Seeds.
5. Year-Round Food – Create your own personal, yearly Planting Guide.