Date(s) - 22/04/2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Jay and Jyoti Rao
Scope of works
(Here’s a great opportunity to enhance your understanding of permaculture principles via practical skills)
- Build & fill 4 new raised beds (2.4m X 1.2m X 0.2m). Sunny backyard location, close to the kitchen. This 11.5m2 planting space greatly enhances the capacity to grow fresh, nutritious vegetables
- all year round.Relocate existing mango tree & plant new fruit trees. Mango is too close to the fence. New trees will add abundance & variety. Location along southern fence line will not overshadow garden beds.
- Remove 3 trees & prune the rest. Trees are tall & too close to each other. New open area can plant a variety of beneficial pollinator & habitat plants to enhance food production.
- Lay out garden boarder using sandstone or timber & fill with soil. Def
- ines the garden space & creates an aesthetic point of interest.Plant out new shrubs & trees in the new defined garden area. See pt. 3
Wear: Dress comfortably, according to the weather: closed shoes, hat, gloves and sunscreen.
Bring: Hand tools – shovels, picks, rakes, wheelbarrows, pruners, Power tools – jack-hammer, circular saws, drills, drill bits
And… a little something for a shared morning tea!
RSVP Please let Dom know you are attending – ESSENTIAL FOR CATERING LUNCH!
For insurance purposes, you need to be a member of Permaculture Sydney West (PSW). You can join PSW on the day.
If you have attended at least three PermaBlitzes, or are actively involved in some other aspect of PSW, you are eligible for a PermaBlitz at your place.
Help improve the world, one garden at a time!