Some people think “garden” when they hear the word “permaculture” but, as with many things, the home is where it all happens!
Home is where we live, where our values show, where we practise what we truly believe. As “permies”, home is where we have the chance to do our bit for the planet, to practise both reducing our consumption and more effective recycling.
This page is intended to be a repository of ideas, inspiration, hints and tips as we move forward in our journey towards resilience and more sustainable living. Please feel free to contribute; email any additions to this page and we’ll add it as appropriate. Also, feel free to share your thoughts on how to make this page work better.
Hint: If you’re looking for ways to be more sustainable in a particular area of your home and don’t want to wade through an ever-growing list, simply type “Control + F”, then type in the area (eg Kitchen) you want to research, and press ‘Enter”. All instances of that word on this page will be shown.
- Nev’s introduction to Zone 0 (PSW 3 April 2023 to introduce a Round Robin on the topic) — HOME
- Recipe for making laundry powder and dishwashing tablets — LAUNDRY, KITCHEN
- Sustainable bathroom recipes: cleaning for home and you — BATHROOM, SELF
- eBOOK [free]: Permaculture Zone 0 (scroll down to the bottom of the list to download Nev’s free eBook) — HOME
- What is ‘Zone Zero’? — HOME
- What do you mean by ‘Sustainable”? — LIFESTYLE
- Sustainability Challenge: water — KITCHEN, BATHROOM, LAUNDRY
- Sustainability Challenge: single use plastics — KITCHEN, HOME
- Reduce Food Packaging — KITCHEN
- Sustainability Challenge: Reduce Food Waste – Shopping — KITCHEN
- Sustainability Tip: Purchases — LIFESTYLE, HOME, SELF
Web sites with helpful information about safe food handling and storage (from Narelle Fletcher):